Monday, January 27, 2014

Tasmania, Be Tempted

Hello. 

I've been away. 


I've been back in my home state of Tasmania, catching up with family and friends in some of the lovely settings Tassie does so well.



I've been putting my feet up at my Mother's house...


and enjoying the luxury of turfing my child out into the backyard without obsessively checking for snakes first (I know you all think I'm paranoid - but we had a meeting with a large snake shortly before leaving Queensland. It was right next to Lucinda's play things. Lesson for the day - just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you)



And above all, we enjoyed some cracking Tassie weather, a friend's wedding, some excellent food and wine and some serious boat-observing. 


Regular programming is due to resume shortly, once I get through the mountain of laundry and my currently flat post-holiday mood, that is. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks beautiful. I am a huge Tasmania-o-phile; spent 6 months there in 2010 on Bruny Island and I miss it every day. How nice for you to get back there to see your family and friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that alley bar the vibe looks great with the lights etc. regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely break away with your family, especially somewhere so beautiful. The post holiday mood I know well, after the school holiday we just had I am personally going for the post holiday collapse! mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved our Tassie trip last year! Such a gorgeous state. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard Tasmania is a spectacular place to visit. Your photos look gorgeous, and I think I'd like your Mum's house. Lucinda looks like she's getting tall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wondered where you had got to! Glad to hear you had a good holiday. Back to the bathroom reno for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. that last pic - the boats in the hobart docks - says 'summer in hobart' completely!

    ReplyDelete